Outsourcing core and non-core functions has become a norm these days and it is no longer a prerogative of large enterprises. Businesses of all nature and all sizes are outsourcing these days because of the sheer advantage that comes with it:
- Outsourcing frees financial, human, and other resources to be put to better use.
- By outsourcing an administrative function like medical dictation, medical billing, and medical transcription, a healthcare organization can focus on its core area, i.e. delivering quality care to its patients. Providers do not need to be tied up in taking care of such tasks.
- Outsourcing dictation and transcription ensures huge cost savings to your medical practice.
- When you outsource your dictations you do not have to take care of payroll accounting, healthcare insurance, paid benefits, legal compliance, bonuses etc.
- Outsourcing your dictations ensure that cyclical changes like peak and off-peak load of patients is taken care of and no adjustments need to be made at your end.
- During holidays season and when you are on a vacation, you do not need to incur any expenditure on transcription staff.
- Doing template-based/EMR charting and transcription takes a lot of time in clicking, selecting, and entering data at the point of care. Moreover, it is very inflexible and needs a lot of training. If we calculate the AGGREGATE MONTHLY TIME spent on template based charting, we will discover that the worth of time spent this way is many times more than what you would have paid to a transcription agency.
- Same is the case for voice recognition software. Transcripts produced by voice recognition require so much of editing. The software needs so much of training and is so much inflexible. The worth of AGGREGATE MONTHLY TIME spent on the process is much more than the amount that would have been paid to a transcription agency.